ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI
R - 2008
B.E. ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
EE2259 ELECTRICAL MACHINES LABORATORY – IAIM
To expose the students to the operation of D.C. machines and transformers and give them experimental skill.
1. Open circuit and load characteristics of separately and self excited DC shunt generators.
2. Load characteristics of DC compound generator with differential and cumulative connection.
3. Load characteristics of DC shunt and compound motor.
4. Load characteristics of DC series motor.
5. Swinburne’s test and speed control of DC shunt motor.
6. Hopkinson’s test on DC motor – generator set.
7. Load test on single-phase transformer and three phase transformer connections.
8. Open circuit and short circuit tests on single phase transformer.
9. Sumpner’s test on transformers.
10. Separation of no-load losses in single phase transformer.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS